Blue Star Fern
The Blue Star Fern
The epiphytic fern, Phlebodium Aureum – commonly known as the Blue Star Fern boasts green-blue elongated fronds that extend from thin stems. It comes to you in a 12cm or 20cm plastic nursery pot (terracotta pot not included).
Just imagine how the aesthetic of the curvy leaves curling and protruding at varying angles in a messier style will attract the eye of visitors and how much character it will give to your bathroom…
- The Blue Star Fern is a fuss-free fern that will bring a funky and jungle aesthetic to your home or office with ease.
- Considered one of the easiest ferns, this is a great choice for fern lovers who prefer lower maintenance houseplants.
- This fern purifies the air from toxins and creates a happier and healthier environment for you.
- The unusual blue colour of the leaves will add a unique plant to your collection.
- Due to its natural tropical occurrence, the Blue Star Fern is happiest in high humidity and moist well-draining soil.
- Mist regularly (with a spray bottle or mister) to enhance the moisture in the air around your Blue Star Fern. Or keep it in a relatively humid environment like the kitchen or a bathroom.
- Bright indirect light is ideal, but the Blue Star Fern can tolerate most light conditions.
- Keep moist at all times. Watering when the top 2cm of the soil has dried out.
- Avoid watering directly onto the plant and the rhizomes roots and water from the sides ensuring the water seeps through the soil of the entire pot.
- Feed once a month during Spring and Summer with a liquid plant food.
- Because the Blue Star Fern is an epiphyte (these funky ferns take in nutrients and moisture from the air) and enjoys well-draining soil, its best to plant your Blue Star Fern in a planting medium like orchid mix.
- Pure potting soil is not the best medium to plant the Blue Star Fern in, so try use something looser when repotting this striking houseplant.
- Add a Crochet Pot Sock, Macrame or Terracotta Pot and Saucer to your Blue Star Fern to help finish off the trendy and highly appealing look of this fuss free fern.
- View our Crochet Pot Sock range, Macrame range and Terracotta Pot and Saucer range in detail in our Plant Accessories category and simply select the pot sock colour option, macrame style option or terracotta pot size you love on the product page, to automatically include this gorgeous add on to your purchase!
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at email@example.com and we will be in touch to assist.